Prepare For Everything
When you think of prepping your car for a road trip, it is important to go beyond just checking under the bonnet. Once you know that your car is road-ready, it's time to consider what goes inside your vehicle. Properly packing for a road-trip is more important than you think. You need to pack for both the trip and the destination. Being comfortable and prepared is critical to having a fun and safe drive. Some of the more important items you should have in your car this holiday season include:
• Plenty of water and snacks because you never know if you'll be delayed
• Portable GPS navigation system
• Portable phone/electronics charger, extra phone battery, hand-crank/solar powered radio, and a solid flashlight with extra batteries
• A first-aid kit that includes hand sanitizer, cold packs, plasters, alcohol wipes, your particular medicines, matches, and a list of your medical contacts
• A paper map just in case all electronics fail or you have no cell signal
• Sunglasses! It might sound vain, but sunglasses will protect your eyes from sun damage and dangerous glare and make driving safer
In keeping with the preparation theme, it is also critical that you plan your entire trip, including stops for food, restrooms, and rest. We can't stress the concept of being well-rested enough because according to the Australian Transport Council, 20-30% of all fatal crashes on Australian roads are due to fatigue. So, plan ahead and get plenty of sleep, and know where you're going!
How Peninsula Motor Group Can Help
At Peninsula Motor Group, we put our customer's safety ahead of everything else. That's why we only have factory-trained Hyundai and Holden technicians who work with the latest diagnostic equipment to give you the highest-quality vehicle maintenance available. To learn more about how we can give your car a full holiday car safety check, please contact us today. It's a great way to make sure your summer car trips will be fun and safe.